The main goal of every e-commerce business is to sell as many products as possible. Did you know that the majority of people decide whether to buy your goods or not from the first impression of the website? Moreover, the visual part – website design – accounts for a huge part of the first impression.
For example, over 70 percent of people consider a website as a credible site if it has a modern and innovative design. Modern and innovative design delivers a positive user experience, and this leads to their decision to purchase from you, not your competitors. This article is dedicated to the topic of web design improvements to increase sales.
6 ways to level up your web design for more sales
People are visual creatures. Most of the perceived information comes from the eyesight. It is not surprising that over 30 percent of people stop browsing a website if it is not visually appealing and comfortable. So, here are some tips on how to transform your website into a more modern space:
- Make a site mobile responsive. Mobile responsiveness refers to a website’s ability to adapt to different screens, such as mobile phone screens. And, since a lot of people tend to buy goods from their smartphones, mobile responsive designs should be taken seriously. They contribute to a positive user experience;
- Make your CTA stand out. CTA is a call to action. Examples are such buttons as buy now and add to cart. Make sure these buttons are noticeable, and customers can easily spot them. Use different fonts or colors;
- Use high-quality visual content. All websites should include some textual content, but visual content is very important as well. Not only great web designs attract customers, but also high-quality photos, banners, and others. Make sure that you use your own original content with your logo;
- Create comfortable navigation. Navigation is a highly important aspect of any website. If your navigation is well-structured and easy to use, customers will be satisfied and will likely buy from you. No one wants to spend a lot of time searching for goods, right?;
- Balance your design. You have to balance your web design – this means, not too much visual content. Too much visual content can lead to distraction and an unprofessional look. The good trick is to add white spaces in order to highlight your product;
- Optimize load speed. Slow-loading websites are challenging for customers’ patience. If a website does not load fast, the customers will likely leave the site. Good web design can improve load speed, which contributes to more sales.