The common issue can occur when installing a theme “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.”
The main reason for this error is that an incorrect file has been uploaded.
First of all, please login in to your Envato private account.
When downloading a theme, you have two options:
- “All files & documentation”
- “Installable WordPress file only”
- “Installable WordPress file only”. Choosing this option you will get a .zip file that can be directly imported into WordPress. Image below:
- “All files & documentation”. Choosing this option you will get file with documentation, license and licensing information. You must find a theme zip file. Image below:
Installing theme via WordPress Dashboard
- Login to your WordPress admin;
- Click Appearance -> Themes;
- Press on Upload Theme;
- Upload the theme file which can be found in extracted files;
- Install and Activate the theme.
Installing theme via FTP
- Log into your FTP host. To do that, you need to use FTP client like Filezilla;
- Extract the file downloaded from Themeforest, find the theme file and extract it;
- Upload extracted folder to wp-content/themes;
- Click Appearance -> Themes in WordPress Dashboard;
- Press Activate button under the theme name.